Job posting Verscio, 19.9.2022
Director Accademia Dimitri
Application deadline: 15.12.2022
Beginning of assignment: August 2023
Degree of employment: 100%
The Accademia Dimitri is a theatre academy affiliated with the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI).
We are searching for a new Director (100%) beginning in August 2023.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To lead and supervise all of Accademia Dimitri’s activities
- To ensure that the vision and the strategy of the Accademia Dimitri are pursued and implemented
- To ensure that the quality standards are achieved within the framework of SUPSI’s institutional strategy goals
- To ensure the planning and management of human and financial resources
- To define and to assign goals to employees, to promote and to accompany their development in line with the strategy and the action plan of Accademia Dimitri
- To maintain relations with the cantonal administration, professional associations, and other territorial partners in the various areas of reference
- To participate in national and international networks in the field of theater
- To cultivate ties with the professional world and other art schools
- To supervise and to coordinate the productions and tournée created within the Accademia Dimitri education program
- As a member of SUPSI’s Executive Board, to promote its identity and reputation and to contribute to the development of interdisciplinary activities in collaboration with other departments and affiliated schools
- Must be able to demonstrate significant professional experience in the field of the performing arts
- Must exhibit academic authority, as well as solid leadership skills gained in areas related to the Accademia Dimitri context
- Must possess an aptitude for leadership and communication with diverse stakeholders
- Must be a team player in the context of a specialized organization and demonstrate the ability to act in a changing and complex environment
- Must contribute to training and/or research through the skills they bring to the school
- Must be able to master the Italian language and have good knowledge of another Swiss national language and English
The workplace is at the headquarters of the Accademia Dimitri in Verscio (Ticino, Switzerland). Acquaintance with the Accademia Dimitri is welcomed.
The applicant must be willing to move to Ticino, Switzerland.
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, in a highly innovative university environment
- A team of motivated and highly experienced and skilled employees
- A strong national and international network in the field of performing arts
- A stimulating activity in a multicultural context rich in interdisciplinary collaborations
- Opportunities for interactions with various professional figures and subject areas within
Please send in your application with your Complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum and a letter of motivation (in Italian or English language).
The application must include in addition:
- Degrees and work certificates
- Honours, awards and mention of the most significant results obtained during the professional career
- Two letters of references proving professional quality
- An extract from the judicial records with 6 months validity must be For Swiss citizens and foreign residents, the judicial record can be obtained from the Federal Office of Justice in Bern, www.casellario.admin.ch.
Applications must be submitted to the Accademia Dimitri by December 15, 2022. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Accademia Dimitri, Stradòn 28, CH-6653 Verscio, Switzerland
For further information you can contact the Director Corinna Vitale: email@example.com
Incomplete applications and applications sent to other addresses or after the deadline will not be accepted.