Work with us
Head of BA/MA Programmes
Application till: 30.01.2021
Beginning of assignment: August 2021 or date to be agreed
Degree of employment: 80%
The Accademia Dimitri (ATD) is a theatre academy affiliated to the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI). We appoint from August 2021/22 a new Head of BA/MA Programmes with teaching obligations (80%).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribution to the administration of the Deanship as to the Education Program at Accademia Dimitri
- Organisation and development of the study programmes (BA and MA) in collaboration with the Heads of programmes
- Attendance and coordination of the ATD teaching staff
- Cooperation with the Supsi’s Commission of Education
- Elaboration and monitoring of the annual budget of the Degree Programmes
- Supervision of all organisational and administrative procedures
- Management of the administrative team
- Teaching obligations in Physical Theatre in relation to movement and voice
- University education in theatre arts
- Several years’ experience as an artist and teacher in the field of the performing arts, with particular attention to Physical Theatre
- Experience in creating and conducting artistic productions
- Familiarity with the artistic context at national and international level
- Outstanding relational, communicative and teamwork skills
- Good organisational skills and strong motivation towards work
- Oral and written language skills of Italian, another Swiss national language and English
- Teaching qualification (or willingness to obtain the qualification in the 4 years following the appointment)
- Knowledge of the Swiss university system and the Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts
The workplace is at the headquarters of the Accademia Dimitri in Verscio (Ticino, Switzerland).
Acquaintance with the ATD is welcomed.
The applicant must be willing to move to Ticino, Switzerland.
We offer a stimulating activity in a multicultural context rich in interdisciplinary collaborations.
Opportunities for interactions with various professional figures and subject areas within SUPSI.
Opportunity to obtain the title Professor for practice and didactics in Physical Theatre.
Please send in your application with your Complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum and a letter of motivations (in Italian or English language).
The application must include in addition:
- Degrees and work certificates
- Honours, awards and mention of the most significant results obtained during the professional career
- Two letters of references proving professional and didactic quality
- Presentation of teaching activities carried out at university level (with pertaining evaluations)
- An extract from the judicial records with 6 months validity must be provided. For Swiss citizens and foreign residents, the judicial record can be obtained from the Federal Office of Justice in Bern, casellario.admin.ch.
Applications must be submitted to the Accademia Dimitri by January 30, 2021.
Incomplete applications and applications sent to other addresses or after the deadline will not be accepted.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Accademia Dimitri, Stradòn 28, CH-6653 Verscio, Switzerland